Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

Semi-Homemade Baked Ziti

Baked Ziti is easy, a no-brainer and tastes good homemade or semi-homemade. This recipe started off being semi-homemade, in that I buy the marinara and Alfredo pasta sauces to make the ziti sauce. The other way is that I make my own pasta sauces- maybe I will share those two recipes with you someday... Anyways This dish also makes great leftovers- if I am ever lucky enough to make it last that long- Kyler usually heats half the first night. I started making baked Ziti primarily to shake things up and because I was looking for budget-oriented dinners. Pasta- although it is not low carb and ultimately doesn't nothing to help my migraine problem- is a great place to start when creating cheap dinners. Nonetheless, baked ziti is a great staple in your Meal Plan Rotation.

Baked Ziti

Baked Ziti Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 diced onion
  • 3 clove minced garlic
  • 1/2 package penne or bowtie pasta
  • 1 jar Marinara Sauce
  • 1/2 jar Alfredo Sauce
  • 1 cup Mozzeralla cheese

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cook ground beef with seasoning, onion and garlic. Drain grease when finished cooking. 
  • Cook pasta until tender
  • Combing sauce, meat, pasta and some cheese in a large bowl. Stir until even consistency 
  • Pour into a casserole dish and cover with Mozzarella cheese
  • Bake for 30-35 minutes. Optional: Bake with lid

Notes

I make the baked ziti with either my Noritake 2-Quart Colorwave Covered Casserole with the lid on or the CorningWare dish without the lid- Kyler claims there is a difference but I'm not sure. (The wonders of Christmas and wedding gift lists). This is one of Kyler's Top Favorite dinners that he likes me making- the other Top Favorite include my chicken soup, beef stew, cream of potato soup, and fajita pasta.

Relevant Side Dishes for Baked Ziti


Comments

Popular Posts