Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

A Wardrobe for the Dorm Closet

Some of you ladies are on your way to college, already there, or moving really soon. When I moved to the dorms, I at first was unsure of what clothes I really needed. Not everything in your closet in going to be necessary for your dorm room. Some universities- and even community college on-campus living- have small closets. I almost cried and felt really disappointed when I saw how small my closet was.

Some of your outfits won’t be worn, while other clothes will be worn almost all the time, and by the time Final Week comes rolling around, PJs, sweats, and sometimes real clothes will be the only clothes you wear. When you don't bring all clothes, the plus side is, if you live near by, you can always bring a suitcase of clothes that you can switch out with your other clothes.
I’m small girl, I still fit in size-0 almost size-1 in the juniors section; least to say, skinny jeans seem to be the only jeans I really love to wear. They make me feel comfortable in my own skin and presentable with very little effort. For now, here is a list for a versatile closet you tiny-twenty somethings will find handy for the dorm room:
Keep it Simple! for the new chapter in your lives! Good grades, and doing well on this new adventure is what's important.
TOPS
3-5 solid shirts
5-7 patterned shirts
3-4 of your favorite, most comfortable sweatshirts
Leather Jacket
Pea Coats of Choice
3-4 Cardigans or Sweaters
Just like the skinny jeans, I am addicted to wearing cardigans and sweaters. I live in a cold state, and this makes for an easy, presentable and comfortable outfit with unlimited combinations for me.
And of Course! 1-2 or more, sweatshirts of College Gear and whatever else you want for School spirit
BOTTOMS
2-3 neutral shorts
5 patterned or colored shorts
2 neutral maxi skirts
Pack some colored or patterned
Mini Skirts
Leggings
2-5 skinny jeans of any assortment
Other jeans that are your favorite
YOGA PANTS AND SWEATS!
Gotta have those easy outfits for classes after you’ve pulled all-nighters, studying for tests, midterms, and finals… It will just make you feel lazy but also productive. PS I do not recommend pulling all-nighters… EVER.


SHOES
My first semester in college, I made the mistake of wearing the wrong kind of shoes, and ended up with shin splits for the first week or so. Make sure all of your shoes that you wear all over campus have good foot support.
2-5  Flips Flops
2 nice ones for dates, parties, socials- you name it! 1-2 comfortable ones for walking all over campus, and a sporty one that is equally comfortable for campus walking.
Casual Shoes
Toms, Flats, and the like...If these are a staple for your, and they are comfortable for all day walking… These are going to be one of your favorite shoes! They are for me!
Hiking Boots
You never know when a couple people invite you to an awesome hike around the area, gives you a good opportunity to make friends and explore your new home. I think it’s a good idea to keep these in your closet just in case.
Boots
Again, I live in a really cold state,  Kalispell is really cold but Bozeman is even colder. Be sure to have good pairs of socks too if you are moving to a cold state.  I recommend thick hiking socks, I bought some online, and they were the kind that if I stepped in water, I wouldn’t feel it. My hiking shoes were also contributing to that, but the socks are sure to be warm enough in the cold, snowy states.
I like riding boots, they are a cute staple to add to dresses in the fall and winter. At Target, I also found ones this year for $40! They were not only cute, brown riding boots, but they had a sole like a rain boot so you don’t slip on the ice!
Snowboots
If this is necessary, you can bring a pair. I don’t really care for them, the ones I have are wobbly, and it doesn’t make sense to me to either switch in and out of a pair of shoes all over campus or have to make your outfits surround you clunky snow boots. That is just my opinion. Feel free to share yours in the Comment Box :)

OH! Speaking of COLD! Invest in a GOOD  ski jacket, even if you don’t snowboard or ski. Some places can be below zero, and that isn’t even including wind-chill. In Bozeman, it can hit -30 degrees, then another -60-90 with windchill. I almost got frostbite on my hands a couple winters ago- I was late to class and couldn’t find my gloves. That wasn’t fun…
DRESSES
LBD. To make sure this little number goes through the constant changes of the fashion seasons, I suggest that you buy a non-textured, very simple dress. Buy one formal dress, and one casual or summer dress. That way they can be many ways to wear them for any occasion, any season.
5 different dresses, patterned, colored or even textured. That way these casual dresses that can be quickly upgraded for special occasions with simple accessories or even paired with layers, scarves and boots so you can have a cute fall/winter outfits.


ACCESSORIES
Jewelry  (ones that you actually wear for all occasions)
Scarves (ALL of them!) Solid, patterned, all that you like!
Tights in as many assortments as you like- textured, knitted, opaque, colored, even plain nylons.
Cute bags, backpacks
Socks, Bras, and Underwear
Bring a lot, if not all, of these items, you really never know how long you will go without doing laundry….

Have fun in college ladies and in your twenties!


Comments

Popular Posts