Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

A College World

Finding Your Place in a New Community
  Finding a home somewhere is different than finding someplace to live when moving to somewhere new. It’s downright scary. You don’t know anyone, you don’t know where any stores are; the few places you might be able to find is where your classes are, where the food is on-campus, and maybe how to find your way back to your college dorm/apartment. Just figuring out these few basics is scary enough but doing it alone is worse.
Montana Hall, Montana State University
The first time I was at Montana State University, I made the mistake of letting my schoolwork consume my life. By the end of the fall semester, I hadn’t made any friends from my all-girls dorm and the only store I knew how to find on my own was Target. After that semester I moved back to Kalispell, completed my lower division courses at the community college, and returned to MSU in 2016 to finish my degree. This time, I was determined to make Bozeman my home for the next two years.





Here are some tips on how you can make yourself part of a new community:
Go Places: Nowadays you can figure out almost anything with just a few keystrokes in a Google bar. Use that. Go to museums, go hiking, find local parks and if there are any nearby, plan a trip to a National Park. Sometimes just wandering around, or the inevitable act of getting lost while searching for one place, will help you find new parts of the town. Don’t be afraid to get lost- especially since Montana is such a beautiful state. There’s nothing like wandering the streets of downtown Bozeman, into their tea shops, bookstores, bars, and local restaurants….. These places that are uniquely Bozeman brings me a sense of closeness to this college-city.

Wilson Hall, Montana State University- Also where I  spend all my time being an English Major
Immerse Yourself in 
Your College Community: 
Becoming part of your college community is just as important as making yourself part of the community outside of school.  At the beginning of every semester you have a whole new pool of people to make friends with, so make them your friends! You can start with a Girls Night to break the ice, or a study group. You can join festivals, clubs, go to games, plays or Trivia Nights. During your college years, a lot of changes are going to happen and you’re going to need company, so let some people and places make their contribution.


FIRST PUBLISHING RIGHTS GO TO MONTANA WOMAN MAGAZINE, JULY 2017 ISSUE

Comments

Popular Posts