Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

Chicken in the Kitchen | February Recipe Month

Time to discuss the chicken in the kitchen- and I am not talking about the chicken that is going to be cooked. I am talking about YOU, US or maybe just me. When I first started cooking for myself and Kyler, I avoided recipes that had something to do with the oven at all costs. I would only cook with the crockpot or something, and if it were going to do something else, Kyler was the one to cook it. I had been told all these things that could go wrong with failing to cook chicken properly and I didn’t want to poison Kyler! 




Slowly, over the first three months of being a cooking adult, I began being comfortable with cooking chicken. From there, I started getting better about not cooking the chicken past its fabulous flavor- in other words, it was as dry as its bones were or had been, when it was still with them….. Now I can do it right every time, and my husband loves me for it! I just am always remembering this: 35-165. Cook chicken breast for 35 minutes and it needs to be 165 degrees at its thickest part of the breast.
Here are four recipes for CHICKEN WEEK for the February Recipe Month. Attached are links to my Italian Sauce Recipes and the Garlic Bread for Two hack! Here is the most ridiculously easy recipe for basically any meat....It is sometimes just my default dinner. Next week is the last, and will be featuring a collection of ground beef recipes that a poor twenty-something could use in their sleeve.

~Happy Cooking!





Comments

Popular Posts