Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

Addicting Sunday Dinner Rolls- From the Prepared Pantry

These Dinner Rolls from The Prepared Pantry are soft, fluffy and so addicting!

In October, I made a purchase on The Prepared Pantry so that I could try some of their items and show you all my take on the recipes. My full review of each items is on last week's post My First Order with The Prepared Pantry. I really do love The Prepared Pantry- it makes baking really easy and quick. My one "complaint" is that the recipes that are included on the back of their baking mixes are for those with bread machines. See as I do not own one (I find it more soothing to do the entire baking process myself), I have had to amend each recipe. Thankfully, I had a little more experience with baking bread before trying these mixes so I was able to quickly adjust instructions and details.

Dinner Rolls from The Prepared Pantry

I ordered 2 baking mixes from The Prepared Pantry and decided to make them for Thanksgiving Dinner at my mom's house. Everyone loved them! To make 2 batches, it obviously took quite some time, but below is my take on 1 batch of rolls.

**Disclosure: this post may contain affiliated links- this means that I may earn a commission from these products if you buy them using these links at no additional cost to you. Read full disclosure here.

Sunday Dinner Rolls from The Prepared Pantry

Equipment

  • KitchenAid mixer & dough hook
  • Mixing Bowls
  • Measuring Cups
  • Measuring Spoons
  • 2-Cup Liquid measuring cup
  • Thermometer

Instructions

Dinner Rolls from The Prepared Pantry rising
Sunday Dinner Rolls Bread Mix - $3.69
from:

Directions

  • Combine water, yeast and lightly stir
  • Add butter and 1/3, or 1/2, of baking mix and turn mixer on low until well combined
  • Slowly add the remaining baking mix 1/2 cup at a time
  • Once all in well combined, turn mixer up to Medium and knead for 2 minutes
  • Turn off, readjust any dough and let sit for 30 seconds to 1 minutes (it needs time to pull itself back together)
  • Turn mixer on Med-High for another 2 minutes and knead
  • Remove from mixer bowl and form into a ball, you may need knead it a little more on a floured surface
  • Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a towel. I have found that the smaller the bowl, the better because it keeps the dough in better shape
  • Let sit for 1 hour or until dough has doubled 
  • After 1 hour, punch dough down and start shaping the rolls into equal sizes (see Notes for how to make dough equal sizes!)
  • Let rise for 30-45 minutes- until puffy and bigger
Get these dinner rolls in perfect shape!
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown
  • Brush melted butter on top
  • Sit on rack to cool

Enjoy with soft butter or alone

The Prepared Pantry dinner rolls mix

Notes

In order to get rolls in equal sizes:

  • Use a knife or dough scraper divide the 1 large ball of dough into 3 equal pieces
  • Divide those 3 equal pieces into 4 pieces each
  • Rolls each piece into a ball, use your thumbs to pulls the surface down and pinch it at the bottom of the roll
  • Place perfectly shaped dinner roll pinched side down  
how to get the dinner rolls in perfect shape

Pin it!

Comments

Popular Posts