Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

Books That You Need! NOW!

Books!

I know I usually write about money, home organizations, and school stuff- and that is pretty fun to write, don’t get me wrong. Bonus, they are my most popular of topics. But, I like to write and talk about other things, so I gotta share another side of myself with you readers! My Super-Dorky-English-Writing and Literature-Nerd side.
Everyone at some point in college- preferably sooner rather than later- find their passion. The magical thing they want to pursue for the rest of their lives. And when you do realize that zthing, it’s an amazing realization. If you were to look back at all the things I did academically in high school, you’d think I would go into science or math, and I could have. That stuff comes sorta easily to me but once I figure it out, I get bored and want to move on. My Myers-Briggs personality type is INTP, so let’s blame it all on that. I also go by my personal motto: I know I can do anything simple because I know I can learn anything. The problem is that once I get it, I got it, and I’m good and on to the next thing.
But with English Writing and Literature I see something different. I see a constant challenge that I can dare myself to accept. I can forever evolve and improve my writing technique and my skills for interpreting literature. It’s a never-ending mountain of things to do. I can keep myself occupied with books FOR-EV-ER.

And I wish for everyone in the world to find the exact same thing in their lives. Whether it’s something you see in the medicine field, the fashion world, or wildlife biology, in order to find out what you want to do with your degree/LIFE, you first need to see it as something that YOU can see as a constant, life-long challenge and something you want to share with the whole wide world.
So...with that, are some types of books that I find are good for fun, for heavy reflection- with others or yourself- and self help that is likely to be its most useful in your twenties. Which is what this blog is mostly about!
Here are some things you should keep an eye out for!
Cheesy Romance- Not always a fan for cheesy romance, but when I do read them, it’s for simple fun that will help me go to sleep, kill some time and they don’t take too much of my brain. I am not saying that these books aren’t as good at the other kinds that I might read and find myself addicted to- odds are, I can be easily hooked to a book all the way to the end. But these books don’t take too much from me and sometimes I am in the mood for some sweet, sappy romance.
Heavy Reflection- This is where my ultra-lit nerd side of me comes out and I give my brain something to really think about. I will take it apart bit by tiny bit. I will gab on and on into Kyler’s ear the entire time I am reading this or that book. I will inform him of the story, how the author is executing things. Sometimes I complain about the story or the author’s work, other times I will complain about my own work and how I could never measure up to this author or pull off a story like that. But when I am reading it, the book is still challenging my skills that I want to be constantly challenged and improved. So it’s like a little puzzle that I am working on when I read these kinds of books.
Book Club Favorites- I ended up with a book from last summer (and I have NO CLUE how it got into my house) but I read it and enjoyed most of it. I think maybe some Book Club books will fall between the two types I mentioned above. But while in your busy, memory-filled twenties, you need every bit of reading as possible as a way to unwind with, learn from, and just enjoy. So any sort of reading is fun- or should be.

Local Adventure Books- Kyler and I got married at the time we did because we wanted to get into family housing when we moved to New Mexico to finish school. As a wedding present, his grandma gave us some books about New Mexico camping and other stuff to do in Albuquerque.  Even though we aren’t ever going to use it, it did just make me think about the fact that having a local guide of things to do in your state or city can be super helpful! There might be oodles of things you don’t know about the place you live in. While this can be awesome for those who just moved to a new place for college or a new job, this is also good for those who have been living there for years. Things are always hidden and a book can be the perfect place to look it up! You can find trails to hike, areas to camp, MUSEUMS! And more! Who knows how much more! Ya, you could go online to do it, but…..not everything has a website….

Textbooks- Yea I have mentioned this before, and will probably always mention it. I am a hardcore advocate for keeping some of your college textbooks. I know textbooks can be super expensive. My CHMY 121 textbook was $300 brand new (And I had to buy it!) I didn’t even ever open it! (I had a good chem teacher in high school- I just took it so that I would get an easy A or B). And now it’s not even worth anything since it is outdated and was a special edition made only for Montana State University.  But I have kept my other textbooks/NOVELS for my other classes that are good for my major. I have books about writing (which I had no idea I would need a textbook for a Writ 101 class but it was a super cool way to learn about writing) and I also have a book about fiction writing. Which I am not always a huge fan of, but when I need it, it’s there. Just think: Keep the books that you love and that you think you have a future with. ….Have a relationship with your books! Lol.
Self-Help- Also sorta like your past textbooks, these books can vary from tips in cooking, organizations, and stuff for you!

Blog Articles & Magazines- These are books but they are some things that are good to read before bed, it’s “self-help and a bedtime story” all in one! I keep reading that blog articles or magazine articles are good things to read before bed because they aren’t major page-turners. They are quick, clip and things that end after a few pages depending on length and the layout in the magazine or blog. It won’t get your heart pounding and egg you on to keep telling yourself “...just one more page, just one more page...”.
~As always, Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts