Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

Summer Kickoff!

Let's Go & Enjoy!
As I stated in a mobile post a couple days ago, I had been super busy and unable to post any blog posts in a long time. It killed me a little inside, but I found that it was worth it in the end since I got my first 4.0 GPA EVER! And next semester I am going to work at a second one and then a third! And a fourth! And so on.
But until summer is over, I am going to try my best to enjoy as much of it as possible: eating right, getting into a daily schedule that maximizes how much I can enjoy what my beautiful state has to offer, and getting fit. My best friend is getting married in February 2017, and as her MOH we have teamed up together to make up a beauty/fitness plan. Our weakness are cookies, and mine is soda. My husband has a junk food based diet and it’s sorta been an influence. But this past week- since I am no longer in school as of the 16th- I have straightened out! I thought I would share my summer goals with you and inspire all you twenty-something ladies to get fit, get happy, and get going on this beautiful Summer 2016!
Health
  1. Guys, this should be full!
    Eat more veggies- Eat more produce in general! It fuels you and in a good way. The fresh and healthy crunch of biting into an apple or cucumber can replace the crispy crunch we all long to hear and feel from a bag of chips or Cheez-It- Or Cheetos! 0.0  There will be times when you will crave that delicious food, that’s totally bad for you. But we must hold fast! And eat those other foods. There are a bunch of other substitutes you can make with fruit, like banana chips, or my favorite: baked yams (commonly known as sweet potato) and cream cheese. Or homemade potato chips.
  2. Cook more- When you’re always eating out, getting fast food, or eating quick, frozen dinners that take two minutes in the microwave, it’s not the best thing and your body won’t feel too good. True, there are a lot of commercials that say this brand is healthy, this one isn’t. And though I also cave in when it comes down to eating frozen Lean Cuisine (no matter how tasty it is), I don’t think it is filling or healthy. Not really. So if you’re cooking for yourself, then you know what you are putting into your body. You can see that basil is actually being added to your soup or resting on top of your chicken breast inside the oven. Natural and artificial flavors pumping through you doesn’t seem too good when you think about it. Just my imagination ladies. 


Explore More Foods. Expand My Pallet
Those last two no-no’s sound like an awful sacrifice. I am sure it is for the greater good, but we also must keep in mind that if you cut some things you absolutely love cold turkey- then we are likely to binge on said beloved weakness and then we will self-loathe. So I will unlikely give up on the chocolate completely. A small handful of M&M's or Dove chocolates every now and then aren’t gonna kill me.
Workout
  • Yoga in the evenings
  • Lone Pine- It’s  a small hike near my house. When the weather stops being so rainy, I figured it’d be a good deal to walk with my dog, and enjoy the view of the city. Maybe I will do this 2-3 times a week….Hopefully….My friend and I are trying to keep each other accountable.
  • Hike in GNP! I have a small suspicious that my health in the cardio-dept wasn’t so good because of my epilepsy, and last summer I was barely able to hike this one trail in Glacier National Park even half way. But this summer, I am on the right fix of medications and feeling great! My goal is to finish it and a few others over the summer before my husband and I move to Bozeman.
  • Take more walks with Violet- Plain and simple: we need it and she deserves it. She wasn’t very active before we got her, so she is just permanently inactive, no matter how hard my husband and I try to play certain games with her. Somedays we can hardly walk a few blocks with her before she starts swerving on the leash like a drunk guy- she starts misbehaving and swerving. It’s comical, but that baby needs the exercise too.
My Housekeeping Routine
I used to have this amazing housekeeping routine: one room a day, one full load of laundry from start to finish, keep the living room ‘at ready’, keep my kitchen sink organized- only one side of the sink is allowed to be full of dishes and they MUST be completely rinsed and ready to be loaded. And be consistent about keeping the counters clean in the kitchen, and keep the bedroom and bathroom ‘at ready’. School ruined that. Kyler and I got busy and we don’t always clean up after ourselves right away.
Leisure Activities
  • Try to write like a page a day for my novel.
  • Work on my Short Story or Stories.
  • Read 4 Books by August to complete my goal for 2016 on Goodreads.
Wake up by 9 AM at the LATEST- it makes for a more productive, cheery day when you wake up no later than 9. Not sure about the science about that, don’t feel like looking for it, but I know from somewhere, that it is a good feeling to wake up around that time. But I am gonna have to fix that for the Fall 2016 semester since I have a class at 9:25….Linguistics before 10AM FOLKS! :D

So everyone, I complete this article with wishes for your own good summers, and challenge all of you to write out some goals for yourselves.
#happy&healthy
Here's to having a good summer!


Comments

Popular Posts