Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

5 Things I Love About You

I know it’s been a while since I wrote last- to be fair, I came down with a cold and am just now getting well enough to even be in jeans!

A few weeks ago, my best friend got engaged and in just under a month, my husband and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary. It’s got me thinking about weddings and love like all the time!
We all have known each other since we were fourteen, and sometimes it’s so crazy that we’ve known each other that long! Kyler and I started dating when were fifteen, and I understand that people think it’s crazy that we got married when we were nineteen, (but for the most part I don’t even know how old I really am). And on the other hand, when you know you know. Why waste anymore time to steal his last name!?
Oct 2010- Our first school dance.










Kyler and I have had a pretty rough year after we stepped off the plane from our honeymoon: the neurologist determined the cause of my horrible, debilitating migraines, Ky tore a  muscle in his shoulder and has been recovering all summer, and there have been numerous bumps in the road rippling from those two major events…. But we’ve stuck it out pretty well. I’ve never understood why in movies or in real life that couples fight and blame one another when money gets really tight...money has gotten really tight, and we just ended up clinging to each other emotionally a little more….(I guess, let’s be honest, he was the one keeping me calm).
2011
Still, after all the things we’ve been through this year, I have this passionate desire to thank him, and no matter how many time I say thank you I don’t think I get the point across. I know that he knows that I thank him, and he knows that I know when he thanks me… but still, I have this urge to just spread it across the world wide web! So here are just a few things I’d like to share and thank my husband for, and in a way that doesn’t seem mushy…..
Thanks….

  1. ….for taking care of me...In all ways. I have been very sick this year and through it all, you’ve been very patient with my mood swings (from the medication) and the teensy tantrums I have thrown (also from the prescriptions)...But also when I have the cold, you take care of me.
  2. ….for cheering me up. You are always my best friend and really go the distance when it comes to cheering me up when I am frustrated or feeling down.
  3. ….for keeping me calm and relaxed. I am not the best at being laid back, but since we’ve been together, I have been getting better. And that’s because of you.
  4. Thank you for working so hard. Since my diagnosis, I haven’t been able to go back to work. We’ve been a little tight on money, but you’ve been working hard and I cannot express it enough how much I appreciate it.
  5. Thanks for being silly and being silly with me.

2015
The best thing about being in love is that you have not only found your soulmate, and your lover, but you have found your playmate, your partner. You have found someone who can cherish the inner child in you more than some of your best friends can. You grow together, and I have grown with you, Kyler.
This person is someone you commit to and work with for the rest of your life. They are your diary basically too. And you are theirs. Marriage is about taking care of the One we love and finding ways to make the best of them shine, and showing them the ways they do shine. It’s about lifting them up, and supporting them in all their crazy decisions…  We make food for each other. We cheer each other up and support them in what they want to do. I can’t imagine having gone through life any longer without knowing him….
2012

1-2-2015













1-2-2015



It’s about making fools of ourselves for just one simple smile and one simple, incredible kiss.
Love you Kyler!
~Katherine M. Johnson

Comments

Popular Posts