Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

HOME & BEAUTY BUYS FROM THE DOLLAR STORE


There are so many things to buy at the Dollar Store, but there are also some things that shouldn’t be bought at all. However this post focused on the items that are easy to get, at a good price for the Sneaky Cheap Beauty and some Homey items for the Bathroom.


Here is a list of what I buy from the Dollar Store for my Beauty Bag. (Hint hint! Click on the link to see my Pin Board for Natural Beauty tricks from other blogs and sites that I have found on Pinterest)

  • Cotton Pads - I go through oodles of cotton pads with my toner and what better place to get them other than the dollar store. They come with 80 pads in a package. I usually buy two and they last a good deal for the price you get them for.
  • Cotton Swabs- I sometimes buy this item from the Dollar Store. My husband can sometimes be like my dad, and prefers that I buy the Q-Tip brand, but there are times when I just buy the ear cotton swabs to clear off eye-makeup in those difficult spot.
  • Cotton Balls- Buy cotton balls for toners also (if that is what you prefer) and they are also good for when you have an earache (soak the cotton ball in a little bit of olive oil and place it in the infected ear (olive oil side in the ear) and it should relieve that pain (this is what my mom did for us when we were kids).
  • Petroleum Jelly-
    • I use it when I get dye my hair. My Nana taught me to take the jelly and rub it onto my entire hairline. With the jelly protecting your skin from the harsh chemicals of the coloring, you can dye your hair without worrying about dying your skin along your hairline or getting a slight chemical burn.
    • I also use it almost daily on the outer corners of my eyes and on my dark circles. Since I use Proactiv cleanser to keep my face acne free, I tend to get dry spots on the outer corners on my eyes and below where I seem to have permanent dark circles. Every night before bed, I apply a small amount to my eyes and it moisturizes my faces just where I need to.

  • Hand Soap
    • IT NEVER HURTS to buy hand soap at the Dollar Store, I tend to be sensitive to some perfumed products from the Dollar Store like the body washes, bubble baths and their makeups, but when you are on a budget (as a college student living on- or off-campus, it’s never hurts to buy the cheaper hand soap).
  • Loufa
    • I sometimes will buy this item from Target if I get it from the Up & Up brand and also cartwheel and try to snag it from the clearance section, but the Dollar Store can always be your backup plan.
  • Shower Caps
    • I use shower caps after I dye my hair to make sure it stays in place, I usually tie in up in a clippy and slide the shower cap in place to keep it from staining my clothes, my bathroom rug or my skin at the back on my neck.
    • It’s also good if you are on a day that you don’t wash your hair or if you’re travelling and need to stuff your shoes in them and keep your clothes clean in the suitcase.



If I missed other items that you also buy for your Home & Beauty from the Dollar Store, feel free to share your Beauty Secrets in the Comments Box below!

Comments

Popular Posts