Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

A Light Delight: Shrimp & Veggie Bake

With being diagnosed with Epilepsy, I was soon prescribed an anticonvulsant medications dubbed "Keppra". I was grumpy, angry and couldn't eat bread no matter how much I wanted to, without getting sick. I soon figured out that if I wasn't eating right, the wrong foods would become a trigger. I am happy to say that I am on a new medication and will be weaning off the Keppra in a month or so. But while I was suffering, I had begun to look up foods that were okay for people with epilepsy. I stumbled across Keto-Dieting and have been happily eating better- they also seemed to curb my side effects.
shrimpbake

However, while I am unsure if this is because I am tired or lazy all the time or because I am and twenty-year old housewife unsure about what I want for lunch. I often find myself pacing in the kitchen, checking cabinet after cabinet, fridge to freezer and then back to the cabinets trying to find out what exactly is it that I want to eat?

Well, I soon figured out a way to ensure that I ate correctly and at the right time in the day, so that I wouldn't get sick and this Veggie Bake Combo seems to do the trick every day. Almost always, I eat mushrooms and squash with my salmon, tuna or shrimp, drizzles with a bit of oil or butter and sprinkled with seasonings.



What you’ll need:
  • Oven
  • Baking Sheet
  • Veggies:
    • Zucchini
    • Mushrooms
    • Yellow Squash
    • Corn
    • Peas
    • Snap Peas
    • Carrots
    • Green Beans
  • All these options are up to you! Pick and Choose!
  • Up to 10 pieces of shrimp
  • Foil
  • Butter
  • Salt, Pepper and other seasoning
  • Lemon zest or juice
  • Olive Oil (if necessary)

Directions:
  • Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
  • Place Foil on the baking sheet
  • Spread across the fresh or frozen shrimp- I got mine frozen in a bag at Costco for about $18 and it lasts almost 2 months! Set baking sheet with shrimp aside.
  • Slice veggies into thin slices or small triangles pieces. Put the veggies on the baking sheet too.
  • Cut a small one inch slice of butter and melt in a small pan.
  • Add seasoning and lemon juice or zest to the pan.
  • Salt and Pepper the food on the baking sheet.
  • Drizzle the melted butter all over the veggies and shrimp.

Bake for 16-22 Minutes

In a later post, I will explain how I manage to do this Keto Lifestyle without breaking my budget- but as of right now, it is beyond my belief that I ever manage to stay in budget for my groceries and still eat right for my body!
ENJOY the Meal!

Wanna Save this Recipe? Click on Veggie Bake Combo!

Comments

Popular Posts