Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

CLEAN IN ONE DAY


When I was first diagnosed with epilepsy, I had a very difficult time keeping my house clean. Kyler worked from 6am to sometimes 5pm, I barely was able to attend class, I slept most of the day because of the medication, and my mom had to drive from Sandpoint, ID once just to help me start my house from scratch. (She, and my Dad alone cleaned my whole apartment before I had woken up ).
Just before my parents left, my mom instructed that I should rest as much as I could, but when I was able to clean: only do one room a day. I still have some bad days- though not as much now- but still, this system works very well for me. 
Whether you are a full-time, part-time student or a working housewife or just a homemaker, I do think this still helps a bunch. Currently, I am just a homemaker and I have been using this system that both keeps my house looking clean and actually clean AND gives me time to write and enjoy the rest of my day. So here goes.
Monday: Living Room
I clear the coffee table top of anything my husband and I may have left from the night before or a few days before: napkins, cups, plates… (most of which come from my husband). Every week or so I swipe any crumbs or dust that are on the table top. Then I do the usual top to bottom clean: dust, sweep,  mop. Then I will run a load of laundry.
Tuesday: Bathroom
Flush the toilet, then line under the rim of the toilet bowl with cleaner. Let sit. Clear the counters of all hair stuff, toothbrush and soap holders. Wipe ‘em down. Spray the crap out of the bathtub and shower walls with Kaboom or shower stuff. Let sit. Scrub the toilet bowl, and wipe around everywhere else with Clorox wipes. Then clean the mirror(s). Sweep, then scrub the shower. Mop and leave the chemical smelling room. (Unless you use natural stuff….I have used dish soap, baking soda and vinegar to clean the tub, and it works pretty well.)
*Am I just lazy to let everything sit, or does everyone do this?*


Wednesday: Bedroom
Do with what you will.
Thursday, Saturday and Sunday: Laundry and/or relax













Friday: Kitchen
    • Dishes
    • Swipe crumbs and other crap on the counters to the floor.
    • Wipe down counters.
    • Clean stovetop.
    • Sweep and mop.
    • Clean sinks.

Comments

Popular Posts