Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

Loaded Sweet Potato

I not-too-recently bought a big bag of sweet potatoes from Costco and as usual, I forgot about it in my pantry. I always have the intent to eat really healthy, eat the sweet potatoes in lieu of french fries from McDonald's or something. Or I have the intent to cut the potato up into very thin slices, and fry them in a pan- homemade potato chips are the best!

Last night I was really snacky- it's really hot here in Montana and lately, Kyler and I just don't have an appetite until late in the evening, and eating dinner really late at night is kinda frowned upon. But around 10:30 pm, I just had to eat something. I wanted something sweet but not something that made me feel like I was drowning myself in sugar. I remembered I had sweet potatoes in the pantry, and set out on an adventure on Pinterest!

Hot Summer Night + A Snacky Girl = Microwave Recipes

This late-night bite called for the potato, cinnamon and water, I ended up adding honey and butter but it was just as delicious!

Around lunchtime today, I found myself craving the same meal and scavenged Pinterest again for a recipe. I found an idea and then decided to wing it!

HERE IT IS! 
My delicious Loaded Sweet Potato 
An Improv-Production
Ingredients
2 slices of bacon
Bacon grease
1 sweet potato
Salt
Parmesan Cheese
Monterey Jack Cheese
Sour Cream

Steps

  • Fill a bowl with water
  • Microwave potato in a microwave-safe bowl for 10 minutes
  • Cook bacon, cool, cut into chunks
  • Remove bowl from microwave and drain water from bowl
  • Pop open the potato, mash it up a little
  • Add the grease and stir it up, mash potato again, 
    add grease again and stir
  • Add salt, cheeses and sour cream and top with bacon


Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts