Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

Makeup Tricks I've Thought of On the Fly

Makeup Tricks I've Thought of On the Fly for Clear Skin
There are some mornings when I wake up, later than I should, and have to rush through my morning routine. I am quite impressed with myself when I say that I have managed to take a shower in less than five minutes and get my hair and makeup done in another five or ten minutes. However, with stress from school and work I tend to break out in certain spots on my face- especially where I have glasses or along my jawline where I rest my head in during classes.
Over the years, it’s been brought to my attention that I shouldn’t touch my face and what not, and I’ve tried really hard to break that habit, and start other habits to keep myself acne free- or as close as I can to it. There are other times when I will break out for seemingly no reason, and then suddenly the idea comes to mind! To some readers this may be such a given to you but these things have never occurred to me for a while. For those of you are in the same boat as I am- thank you for making me feel better!-  here are some of my makeup tips that I have thought up right on the spot, because I am either really lazy or I am trying reallllllllly hard to keep a clear face.

  1. Makeup Remover Towelettes- These can be used for a horde of things! I use them to wash my face, of course, when I am too tired to wash my face. Sometimes when I’ve had a long day or night where I had to put on an unusual amount of makeup for special occasions, I will use the towelette to wash that off then use my cleanser and/or face brush.

    BUT  I use the towelettes for more than the obvious! My mom uses toilet paper or tissues to clear all the blush, foundation and eyeshadow powders from her brushes, but then is it really clean? Try using the towelette to wash away the makeup so that you aren’t transferring any acne causing bacteria from the day before back onto your face after all that hard work you’ve been doing to keep a clear face.

  2. Acne Spray- besides spraying it on your troubled areas, I spray it onto objects that my face comes in contact with while I am in the bathroom, like a eyelash curler! Maybe you can easily avoid touching your cheekbone area while you curl your eyelashes but I can’t. So yesterday I had the idea to spray my acne spray on the eyelash curler and in a sense, it cleans it!
    I’ve also had the idea to do the same with eyebrow brush to avoid getting pimples after tweezing your eyebrows, brushing and fixing your brow lines, applying eyeliner and whatever else you  ladies do when you are having fun in the makeup department in the morning!
    I spray it on my tweezers and swipe cotton ball with the stuff on it around the rim of my glasses so that I don’t get acne around the spots where my glasses rest on my face…
  3. Coconut Oil- This beautiful creation can be used for anything!!!! If you mess up just a teensy bit, just take a Q-tip, some coconut oil and rub just a little bit in said messy spot. It is also fantastic for dry hands, lips and I like to put it in the outer corners of my eyes and where I get bags under my eyes before bed because it just makes them feel a bit better.
  4. Let your face breathe. My mom has been telling me this for years: you don’t need to wear makeup everyday. Let it breath every now and again. And it will return the favor. I do prefer to wear makeup when I go out and about, and when it comes to studying for big exams or writing papers, I do prefer to wear makeup because for some reason I feel super productive ….

With all that said, I also try my best not to over exfoliate, I have done so in the past,  up until just a couple months ago. I use to think that if I hold the electric brush long enough and hard enough on a certain spot that the acne spot would just go away- but that was obviously foolish. Now, I have been softer, and nicer to my face.

Write in the Comments Box below and share with the other readers of what other Makeup Hacks you do!

Comments

Popular Posts