Skip to main content

Featured

Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping

Budgeting and grocery shopping is one of the best ways to trim down your monthly expenses and daily spending- but there are dozens of challenges out there- especially the advice that is ultimately unrealistic. Here is a list of budgeting and grocery shopping challenges and how you can make them realistic strategies to save on grocery shopping! Challenges about Budgeting and Grocery Shopping Challenge #1- Unrealistic Research I've spent a lot of time scouring Pinterest and have not felt entirely satisfied with the results. Some articles seem too unreasonable to be applicable. More often than not, it comes down to unrealistic costs of groceries . For example, I cannot find 1 gallon of milk at my local Walmart for $1. And our Dollar Tree out in Montana doesn't have a grocery section- we do have a freezer section, but it is only 2-3 doors of frozen dinners. And our bread and produce is not as cheap as the other articles. What I have done to get around this challeng

15 Things for Your Summer of 2015




By the end of my last spring semester in community college, I was itching to enjoy the sunshine and release myself from the exhaustive disorder that has been plaguing me since March and crippling my GPA.
I desperately wanted to  break free from the downward spiral from medications, poor organization and sleep schedule and the heaping pile of chores and studying before finals.
I wanted to enjoy my summer for the first time in years.
One morning I made a list, and I swore to myself that I would actually enjoy, relax and get things in order for my health and household.


So far, I have kept these promises and would like to share with you on how to better enjoy your summer too before it's time to creep back to the books, the dorms and classrooms. ...


15 Things on My Summer Wish List of 2015


  1. Mother, Daughter @ GNP
    REMEMBER The Summer of 2015
    Not that I go and party all the time, but most summers have been spent doing the same thing: nothing or working. I had the desperate urge to actually see the great outdoors. To be like all my other friends I went to high school with who climbed mountains every weekend or traveled abroad and interned in Brazil… I WANTED LIFE! So I have taken OODLES of photos!
    Everyone’s state has SOMETHING hidden to offer! Take advantage of that, commit and have a blast!
  2. Enjoy What My State Offers
    The state of Montana has plenty to offer to locals and tourists, unfortunately for my husband that attraction means hiking, camping and kayaking with me! But MT seems to only have about 2-3 months of nice weather and then the other months are spent in a gray, isolated winter….
    Avalanche Trail, GNP
  3. Camp Often
    I haven’t so much kept up on this task, my husband’s schedule has been changed so many times these last six weeks that he barely gets one day off and we usually spend that day together on the couch watching TV, eating some junk food and enjoying each others company.
  4. Be Outside MORE!
    I am more of a home-body- I honestly have the dream to own a big, nice house and property big enough that I will never have to leave the property unless I need to shop… It will have a studio with big glass windows, and I will just spend hours writing and painitng and reading. Nearby there will be a pond and a garden with beautiful flowers and produce...Sad, but true.
    This summer, I am trying to get outside more. I have a puppy and she needs it more than I do and that to me, is a better motivation to get out of the house.
  5. Hike Weekly
    Weather permitted, and if someone is available, I usually keep this up.
  6. Read more and finish my Goodreads Reading Challenge! (15 books!)
    It's more than 0% I promise!

  7. Write More
    As some of you know, I am writing two books and this blog right now. It will be slow progress for the books, but it’s better to get as much practice as possible in order to find the really good stuff that are just waiting to be unearthed- practice is the only way to get there.
  8. Paint & DrawI am a pretty artistic person- as a kid I played the guitar and wished to become an actress, singer and fashion designer. By high school, I had discovered that this wasn’t quite right and I eventually found that I had been in-love with writing all this time. I can never stop writing…
    But for a Fine Arts credit, I wanted to make sure my Creative Writing courses wouldn’t be counted towards the wrong thing, and then be forced to take a real arts (painting, pottery or drawing) class when I transferred to a University- to save money I took a Watercoloring class at the community college. I found that I sorta had a knack for it and really enjoyed it, I still have paper and am trying to do some more painting and sketching. You can never have too many artistic hobbies!
  9. Watercolor Project
    Be Creative EVERYDAY!
    Like I said, you can never have too many artistic hobbies!
  10. Become ‘Healthy’ Again.
    I thought I was on the verge of getting it all together before my diagnosis but the doctor ensures that I will feel like an upgraded version of myself SOON! As though I will have a new software update once we find the right fix of my medications. So I am trying to ‘relearn’ how to go about my daily activities and not tire myself out too quickly...Work in progress…
  11. Cook More
  12. Manage the Household Budget
  13. Make a New Cleaning Schedule
  14. Tend to my Garden… Ummmm
  15. Manage the House just a little bit better!

MS. Violet Johnson 
OH AND TRAIN MY PUPPY....
Let's see how well that is going
<------














ENJOY THE LIFE WE'VE BEEN GIVEN!

What sort of things make the perfect summer FOR YOU!? Answer in the comments below!





Comments

Popular Posts